mol-install has no effect: no sound no connection

erik mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sun, 28 Dec 2003 17:47:19 +0100

Hello,

I installed ydl 3.0 and mac OS 10.2. MOL runs out of the box and for me
it looks like a little miracle. I ran the MOL-install routine that
showed up on the MAC desk.

The problem is that after restart mac-os again (startmol -a --osx) the
icon is there again and nothing seems to have changed. I have no sound
and no working network card. The mol-devices do not show up.  I searched
in newgroups but i didn't find anything usefull.

It would help me a lot of I got the sound and the network running. MOL
will change from a little miracle to a very usefull tool to get the must
out of my ibook.

With friendly regards

Erik de Wild
\/\/
additional info:

MolAudiDevice.Kext and MolEnet.Kext are not available says the extension
tab of systeminfo of MAC OS X (started with startmol -a --osx) while  I
really run the mol-install routine.

Kernel of ydl is 2.4.20-8d
mol version 0.9.68
mol-kmods version 0-0.9.68-3.2.4.20.8e
ydl is running on a G3 600 mhz ibook with 640 mb memory

MAC os 10.2 (6c115)
darwin kernel 6.0
filesystem of mac partition hfs+
airport card

I use static IP on a little local lan. A dhcp server is running but out
of the range of the fixed IP-adresses.