Need some testing...

David Stanaway mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
08 Feb 2003 13:23:37 -0600

On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 19:37, Samuel Rydh wrote:
> The release of the next MOL version is getting closer. I would appreciate
> some testing before that though.
>
> The following features are new:
>
> 	- Audio support in OSX

Works fine on OSX 10.1 (Although it needed the downsampling to avoid
static hell on my 7410 400MHz).

> 	- UFS boot support (OSX)

I did not test this.  My MacOSX is installed on HFS+ after bad
experiences with software not installing on UFS in OSX 10.0, and Classic
environment being unable to read the / also).

> 	- Significant OSX optimizations

It seems snappier. Great :)

> 	- Improved audio quality in classic MacOS (mp3:s no longer
> 	  skips, playing QT movies from the harddisk works better)

I haven't booted OS9.1 yet...

> Semi-new features (that have been in the developer tree for a while):
>
> 	- Ejectable CD support (OSX and classic)

Great :)  I still need to test this.

> 	- CD booting support in OSX

I tried this with a CD Image I have for Jaguar (Which I can't get to
boot via MoL or otherwise), here is what I get....

----> /dev/hda9 might be a boot-strap partition.
HFS+ /dev/hda12       untitled 4         <read-write> 3000 MB
No volumes found in '/dev/hdb'
No volumes found in '/dev/sda'
----> (disk_open) Opening /dev/sdb10: No such device or address
CD   /dev/scd0        CD-ROM             <read-only>   ------ BOOT

>> MacOS X Boot Loader 1.1.17
>> Candidate boot volume: /mol-blk@0/disk@0:9
>> Trying to load /mol-blk@0/disk@0:9,\mach_kernel.mol
>> Trying to load /mol-blk@0/disk@0:9,\mach_kernel
>> mach kernel read (3678188 bytes)
>> FileLoadDriversMKext /mol-blk@0/disk@0:9,\System\Library\
>> LoadDrivers: Loading from
[/mol-blk@0/disk@0:9,\System\Library\Extensions.mke
xt]
>> not-a-sucess
>> Command line: ''

I can atache the full log if it would reveal more.

--
David Stanaway <david@stanaway.net>