10.2.4 update hangs MOL

Jamie Clark mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 08:24:17 +0800

On Monday, February 17, 2003, at 06:56 AM, Samuel Rydh wrote:

> 10.2.4 works for fine me.

That's what I was hoping to hear. Good news!

>  Have you installed any strange cache-related
> extensions? Or perhaps software for an accelerator board or something
> similar.

Nothing like that. It was (pre-upgrade) a vanilla 10.2.3 with December
2002 Developer Tools - my baseline boot image.  I verified the kernel
and kext cache against a 10.2.4 machine running on the real h/w -
identical.

I hadn't considered that DevTools might have dropped something into the
mix - will try again starting with a vanilla 10.2.3, and if that
doesn't work I'll start looking at my installation (mol, debian,
kernel). I was a bit reluctant to burn too many more hours on it (I
have spent a few already) given that 10.2.4 was very very new - and
possibly may not work.

-Jamie