Old World booting on New World Mac?

Dara Hazeghi mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 14:19:13 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

> Yes. Just to be sure, the lines after the ROM
> mapping
> blurb
>
> 	4096K ROM mapped at 0x4fc00000 from
> '/LS/roms/rom.8500'
> 	Mapping GC at F3000000
> 	dcbi treated as nop
> 	dcbi treated as nop
> 	[CLOCK_FIX_HACK]
> 	Unmapping GC
> 	Mapping GC at F3000000
>
> does _not_ show up in the mol log? In particular,
> I'm quite
> surprised the 'Mapping GC' line is missing.

Nope. The last thing I get before it hangs is:
4096K ROM mapped at 0x4fc00000 from 'rom/rom.8500

Absolutely nothing about Mapping GC.

> If you fire up the debugger, start MOL (Meta-g) and
> then
> stop mol (Meta-s), what does MSR and PC show?

Meta corresponds to the option key, right?

MSR is always the same. Depending how long elapses
between start and stop, I get:

MSR:  00001040    PC:   fff00720
MSR:  00001040    PC:   fff00714
MSR:  00001040    PC:   fff00708

There's doesn't seem to be a direct correspondance
between time elapsed and output (ie it varies, but not
repeatably). Thanks,

Dara