CD not detected by games

Samuel Rydh mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 13:43:01 +0100

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 05:23:25AM -0700, Marvin Germain wrote:
> When I try to launch a CD game under mol, the game prompts me to insert the
> CD, and will not launch.  This is true even if the CD is mounted, with the
> icon clearly visible on the desktop.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Any
> ideas?

This is because some programs contain anti-piracy code which
tries to distinguish a CD from a hard disk image. MOL used
to present all disks (including CDs) as read-only hard disks.
This has changed in the latest BK version though (which also
supports ejectable CDs). So far, all programs (games) I have
tested have recognized the mol-CD as a real CD.

Cheers,

/Samuel