[FWD: os x on ppc604e] sorry if i already sent this

Samuel Rydh mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 02:24:57 +0200

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 08:10:35PM -0400, Zachary Giles wrote:

> Sorry if this has already been cleared up, but the earlier posts about osx
> on ppc604 didn't fully answer my questions.
>
> Here it is:  Does os X work on MOL on a 604e? (EX.: 9600/200mp)
> Do the words "> The mol dev tree now contains the 604 fixes." mean that the latest
> build of MOL works with os X on a 604e?

Yes. But you have to build MOL from the developer tree
(http://www.maconlinux.org/dev.html).

> Also, does MOL put multiprocessors thru? -- Will i get dual procs.
> inside of MOL? THanks for your help

No. I have considered adding support for multi-CPU virtualization
though (on SMP systems). It is not that different from running two
MOL sessions in paralell.

Cheers,

/Samuel