MOL now supports SCSI (CD burners etc...)

Samuel Rydh mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:09:08 +0200

On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 05:37:58PM +0200, Jens Schmalzing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Samuel Rydh writes:
>
> > MOL now supports generic SCSI.
>
> This is absolutely, insanely great.
>
> > I would really appreciate it if as many as possible could give the
> > new code some testing.  In particular, I would like to know the iPod
> > or other firewire devices that uses SCSI-like commands work.
>
> I've just tested this with a firewire burner from LaCie, and
> everything worked nicely.  Only minor nit: After unplugging the drive
> and removing it from SCSI in Linux, Mac OS X complained that I had
> inserted an unreadable disk.

Yes, I haven't addressed hotplug issues yet. At least the unplug
scenario should be rather easy to handle. I've to check the OSX API
to see if it is possible to also handle the device-connect case.

/Samuel