I broke it.

Greg Hamilton mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:37:38 +1000

I set my iBook up dual boot, YDL3.0 and OS9, which is still handy for
playing a couple of games and not much else. I've been using MOL to get
into OS9 rather than rebooting, which is pretty cool because I can be
playing full screen CivIII with my gazillion button optical mouse that
isn't normally supported by OS9 and Ctrl-Alt-F7 back to my Linux
desktop for ummm some really ahhh good reason....

Anyway, yesterday I hosed the OS9 partition. I think I may have had it
mounted under Linux and maybe tried to write something to it while OS9
was running in MOL. Something like that. I can still mount the OS9
partition from Linux but I can't access it from MOL or boot from it. I
just get a sad looking floppy disk icon with a question mark in the
middle of it. I don't know much about the old Mac stuff but I'm
guessing this is it's way of saying it can't find a bootable partition.

I'm a little unsure how to fix the problem. If I boot from the OS9 CD
and reinstall will it trash my yaboot config? And if it does how do I
fix it?