USB and CDRW support

Nirmal Govind mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 16:38:44 -0400

Hi Samuel,

Thanks a lot for the great work with the USB and CDRW support!

I tested out the USB support in the dev tree.. the following devices worked:

- Canon PS A60 digital camera
- Samsung ML 1210 Laser Printer (I had to rmmod the printer module in Linux)
- Maxtor exernal hard disk (had to rmmod usb-storage)

And my USB MacAlly keyboard and USB MS IntelliMouse used to work before and
they do now too..

I wasn't able to get my Canoscan scanner to work though.. I installed the
drivers for this model from the Canon website.. do I need to have the scanner
module compiled in the Linux kernel? I don't think I've enabled support for
scanners in the kernel config..

An issue wrt the CDRW support - I commented out the blkdev entries for CDROM
in molrc.osx and I now can open the CD drive in OSX (which I wasn't able to
do earlier) thanks to the SCSI support I presume.. however, a CD which has
several photos on it had the larger jpg image files (> 3.2 MB) messed up in
the preview... even if I copy them onto the HD, the image is messed up.. I
see colored vertical and horizontal lines instead.. the smaller ones (< 1MB)
show up fine.. the larger images show up fine in native OSX and on
Windows/Linux.. could this be something to do with mol?

Thanks,
nirmal