HOWTO: Debian BenH

Jens Schmalzing mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
22 Jul 2003 08:40:18 +0200

Hi,

Charles R. Twardy writes:

> }The configuration files are distributed into both directories,
> They didn't appear there when I ran those apt comands.

Are you sure?  Because when I get the latest version of the package
and run `dpkg -c mol_0.9.69+20030713-1_powerpc.deb', they show up in
both.

> Can you fill in the "..." for me?

> }# make-kpkg --added-patches benh kernel-image ...

Well, you may want to put other targets there (see the TARGETS section
in the make-kpkg man page or the output of `make-kpkg --targets' for a
list), or set an extraversion or a revision or specify modules to be
built.  If I were to build a kernel for my Powerbook (named sleipnir)
today, I would use

 make-kpkg --revision 20030722 --append-to-version -sleipnir
 --added-patches benh,xfs --added-modules mol kernel-image modules-image

> Also, do I copy my iBook2-tweaked .config file into
> kernel-source-2.4.21 just before the make-kpkg?

Precisely.  In fact, I forgot that step.  make-kpkg makes oldconfig,
and this can be tedious if you are in a fresh directory.

Regards, Jens.

--=20
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!
Le veux aimeb et mqubib panz je p=E9zqbpbe je djuz tqtaj!