hardware requirement

Henry Umansky mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 11:22:14 -0400

--==========13151037==========

Never heard of Pegasos.  I checked out the webpage and it seems like I can=20
just replace my current Intel CPU and motherboard in an ATX case with a=20
Pegasos motherboard(ooops sorry, logicboard, I come from an x86 background) =

and the 600Mhz G3 processor, and then I basically have an Apple computer=20
(minus the ROM bull$4!+) without purchasing an Apple computer??  If so, how =

much does the MB and CPU cost in American dollars?

-Henry

--On Tuesday, July 22, 2003 1:15 AM +0200 Karosa Alabaster=20
<alabaster@freemail.hu> wrote:r

> Sorry didn't quite pay attention to your post there :) I don't know about
> Powermacintosh 9500, but you know that you don't need Apple hardware to
> run MOL don't you?   Well as I see the PowerMac 9500 has a maximum 200mhz
> processor, which is not quite enough for OS-X (because it was awfully
> slow on my 333mhz IMac, with 300mbyte ram) IMHO get your hands on a
> Pegasos (600mhz)..
> --
> Viktor alias Karosa Alabaster

Henry Umansky
University of Pittsburgh
Computing Services and Systems Development
hmust2 [at] pitt [dot] edu
(412) 624 -4357