CD drive behavior (was USB and CDRW support)

Nirmal Govind mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:01:20 -0400

> Ah yes... this is because isochronous USB pipes are not supported yet.
> This means that USB speakers and webcams won't work.
> /Samuel

Thanks for the info Samuel..

With the new CDRW support, is it necessary to have the "blkdev:
/dev/cdrom  -cd" line in molrc.osx? The following lines lead me to think that
it may be OK if I comment it out:

MOL SCSI controller registered

    /dev/sg0 SCSI-<0:0:0> CD/DVD SONY     CD-RW  CRX820E   1.3a

If I leave that line in there, then I get a CD icon and a mounted disk when I
insert a CD. If I look at the images on the CD icon then I see the garbled
images... here's a screenshot of this:

www.personal.psu.edu/nug107/CDRWproblem.tiff

But the images are displayed fine if I use the mounted disk.. when I eject
using the CD icon, the mounted disk remains on the desktop and doesn't go
away even if I put another CD in - this causes the newly inserted CD to have
only the CD icon and no mounted disk.. looks like one has to eject both the
CD icon and the disk? Any chance this behavior can be rectified so that
there's just one thing (icon or disk) that shows up and reads the information
correctly (displays the images properly..) when a CD is inserted?

Thanks,
nirmal