New Computer to run MOL *PEGASOS* (non mac)

magnetic mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:56:18 -0400

Hello  Henry

  Check out my website: www.magneticsystemsnyc.com

I am the sole North American dealer of Pegasos. On our site there is an
in-depth review of Pegasos and MOrphos and there is a Downloadable Video
Section with Mac On LInux, MAME, and MorphOS running on Pegasos.. *Warning*
the videos are 28mb MPEG-1 files. They play with Real One player, Xine,
AMiga mpeg players, and any Pc/MAc player that plays Video CD or Mpeg1
files! Enjoy

Thomas

>> Never heard of Pegasos. I checked out the webpage and it seems like I can
>> just replace my current Intel CPU and motherboard in an ATX case with a
>> Pegasos motherboard(ooops sorry, logicboard, I come from an x86
>> background) and the 600Mhz G3 processor, and then I basically have an
>> Apple computer (minus the ROM bull$4!+) without purchasing an Apple
>> computer?? If so, how much does the MB and CPU cost in American dollars?
>>
>> -Henry
>>
>> --On Tuesday, July 22, 2003 1:15 AM +0200 Karosa Alabaster
>> <alabaster@freemail.hu> wrote:r
>>

>>> Sorry didn't quite pay attention to your post there :) I don't know
>>> about
>>> Powermacintosh 9500, but you know that you don't need Apple hardware to
>>> run MOL don't you? Well as I see the PowerMac 9500 has a maximum 200mhz
>>> processor, which is not quite enough for OS-X (because it was awfully
>>> slow on my 333mhz IMac, with 300mbyte ram) IMHO get your hands on a
>>> Pegasos (600mhz)..
>>> --
>>> Viktor alias Karosa Alabaster

Regards