CD drive behavior (was USB and CDRW support)

Nirmal Govind mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:58:19 -0400

> No. In fact, it should be commented out if /dev/cdrom is a symbolic link
> to /dev/sr0.

/dev/cdrom is a link to /dev/scd0 so I have now commented it out..

> If you comment out the line in molrc.osx, does the colored stripes
> disappear?

No, it's still colored stripes.. and now there's only the CD icon, no mounted
disk (as would be expected I guess..)

> I'm working on preventing the CD from beeing accessed both as
> a generic SCSI device and as a block device. However, it is not

That's great.. will look forward to it.. in the meanwhile I guess I'll
uncomment the blkdev entry so that I can access the CD properly..

Thanks,
nirmal