difficulty with SMP/enterprise kernel & MOL

Isaac mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 09:11:19 -0500

Hello,

On this machine (dual G4), mol works if I boot the system with a single-cpu
kernel, but it won't launch if running the "enterprise" kernel.  This is
mandrake 9.1, kernel-enterprise-2.4.21.0.13mdk-1-1mdk, with mol-0.9.68-5mdk

It gets to the screen with MOL logo, and the Mac OS X startup spinner loops
for a bit, then MOL freezes up. It keeps one CPU at 99% and the mol process
cannot be killed (even -9) short of a reboot.

I've tried recompiling the mol-kmods for this kernel to no avail.

Any ideas what's wrong?

TIA.