MOL crashes

Brian Ruth mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 17:14:29 +0100

Hi all,

Having been running MOL for a little now, I've noticed that it can crash
(the MacOS, not the underlying Linux) in some circumstances. This appears
to happen under both OS9 and OSX if one does something 'more demanding' - in
particular, opening a document in Word often seems to do it. Dropping things
in the trash in OSX seems to cause a lengthy pause, though not a crash - it
does recover after a couple of minutes.

It's not a great problem, but I'd be interested to know whether there's a
simple fix in terms of tweaking something in one or other of the /etc/mol
files. I'm currently using the defaults for memory (i.e. 72MB for MacOS,
96MB for OSX); the problems seem to occur both when using X and the
console for display.

Brian.