iMac rev. A video timings

Wouter Hobers mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
30 Jul 2003 00:48:57 +0200

On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 21:28, Samuel Rydh wrote:
> You could see if X can do 640x480 or 800x600. If so, the fbset utility
> can be used to extract the video timings (add them to /etc/fb.modes).
> Btw. if this works I would like a copy of the settings :-).

X can do both (using Mandrake Control Center), but when I run fbset in
either one of them, it always reports that I'm running in 1024x768? I
don't know what Mandrake is doing here, 'cause if I set the other
resolutions manually with e.g fbset 800x600-90 my screen goes into
standby mode again (probably to protect itself from out-of-range timing
values).

I'm running XFree 4.3.0. Tried XPmac as well but it garbled up the
entire screen (and my keyboard, very nice...).

Wouter