Installer MacOSX 10.2 exits

Eric Haines mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 09 Jun 2003 16:14:40 -0500

On 06-Jun-03, Patrick Wesseling wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>

>> How much memory is allocated to MOL (in the config file)?
>
> I tried several. 64, 100 etc.
>
>> I have heard of problems with OSX running.  I think at this
>> point anyway, especially from a performance perspective,
>> OS9 is a better bet.  I can't imagine why that isn't
>> working...which version of OS9 do you have?  Probably you
>> don't have an install CD for G4 machines, but if you do,
>
> About that OS9 version, it's version 9. Also on the box it says,
> Featuring Sherlock 2
>
>> I don't think they work.  Which version of MOL are you
>> using?
>
> Version 0.9.68

Well, guess what, I just tried and mine doesn't boot from CD anymore
either, using my OS9 CD and MOL 0.9.68.  It did from a version I used
several months ago, but I can't remember exactly which version that
was--it was before the new CD-ROM support was added.  Which is to say,
it only recognized CDs on startup, and if you wanted to change one,
you'd have to shut down, put in a new CD, and re-start.

Clearly the "real" CD support is more convenient, except for the minor
problem of not being able to boot off the install CD.  ;)  Also, I
noticed that once in a while, if I eject a CD and then say "oops, I
still want that one" and put it back in, MOL doesn't necessarily
recognize it.  I don't think this has happened with putting a
different CD in.  I'm not quite sure if these problems are the result
of my el-cheapo CD-ROM, or a bug in MOL.

Anyway, I don't know what to say...maybe try making another partition
big enough for a CD, format it as HFS in Linux, copy the CD to that
partition, and see if MOL would boot off that?  Not sure if that would
work...haven't tried it....

--
    Eric Haines
    erichaines@ivwnet.com