OSX in MOL crashes

Nirmal Govind mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 11:18:58 -0400

> Ah, OK. Nothing to worry about then. I forgot that this
> message might occur with CDs in certain cases... (I recently

I see.. any idea why I'm still having trouble with the CD drive not opening in
OSX if there's no CD in the drive when I startup MOL? And if I do have a CD
in there, but I eject it in OSX and close the drive then I can't open the
drive after that.. (at least not with the F12 key.. any other way to open an
empty CD drive in OSX?) I get the following messages in syslog and I think
these refer to the CD problem:

Jun 17 11:07:04 ibook kernel: scsi0: ERROR on channel 0, id 0, lun 0, CDB:
Request Sense 00 00 00 40 00
Jun 17 11:07:04 ibook kernel: Info fld=0x1dd85, Current sd0b:00: sense key
Medium Error
Jun 17 11:07:04 ibook kernel: Additional sense indicates L-EC uncorrectable
error
Jun 17 11:07:04 ibook kernel:  I/O error: dev 0b:00, sector 488980

> finished backing up a bad HD after having detected
> bad sectors this way so I might be a bit oversensitive

thanks for the warning though..

nirmal