Can't boot OX/X directly after installing YD 3.0

Mannequin* mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sat, 21 Jun 2003 12:18:05 -0500

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 09:58:16 -0700
Douglas Phillipson <dougp@intermind.net> wrote:

> Already did the RTFM thing on yaboot, didn't even touch on booting any
> MAcOS, just Linux.  The homepage for yaboot looks interesting though.
> Thanks
>
> Doug P

Well, I didn't know for the longest time that there was a different man
page for yaboot.conf.

In my version of the man page for yaboot.conf, it has a sample
configuration at the end of the file that includes booting both MacOS,
and MacOSX:

EXAMPLES
       Here is an example yaboot.conf file:

              boot=/dev/hda2
              device=hd:
              root=/dev/hda3
              partition=3
              timeout=20
              install=/usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot
              magicboot=/usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot
              fgcolor=black
              bgcolor=green
              default=Linux
              defaultos=linux
              password=secret

              image=/boot/vmlinux
                   label=Linux
                   read-only
                   restricted

              image=/boot/vmlinux.old
                   label=linux.old
                   read-only

              macos=hd:9
              macosx=/dev/hda10

Of course, yours will probably be simpler that this. Here's my
yaboot.conf:

	boot=/dev/hda9
	device=hd:
	partition=10
	root=/dev/hda10
	timeout=30
	install=/usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot
	magicboot=/usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot

	image=/vmlinux
		label=Linux
		read-only

	macos=/dev/hda17

	enablecdboot

This file was autogenerated by Debian's install, but I had to modify it
so I could boot MacOS and/or MacOSX. (Whichever I was using at the
time.)

Hope the helps.
-Mannequin