BeOS

Samuel Rydh mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 12:03:16 +0200

On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 09:43:53PM +1200, Francois Prowse wrote:
> I guess it is only capable of booting the original BeOS versions that
> supported powerpc based machines - I'm not to sure if the later releases
> were purely x86 specific?
>
> Anyhow, any chance of MorphOS being able to boot under MOL? I tried it but
> no success...

Well, once upon a time (before the oldworld SCSI-code
was retired) I believe it might have been possible to
boot BeOS in the oldworld setting. I have never
tested it though and lots of important functionality
(video, network) would in any case be missing.

It wouldn't be that difficult to add support for running BeOS
under MOL in a more manner (non-oldworld), but I'm not sure
it is worth the effort.

>Anyhow, any chance of MorphOS being able to boot under MOL? I tried it but
>no success..

It takes some MorphOS-side drivers to accomplish this.

/Samuel