OS X Partition Locked under 0.9.68

Samuel Rydh mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:34:17 +0100

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 08:39:47PM -0500, J. De Salvo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Compiled and installed the newest MOL (0.9.68), set up the config files,
> and fired up "startmol --osx"
>
> I get the following, then MOL quits. The OS X partition is not mounted.
> (I've checked the fstab file.) And I've cleanly exited from OS X.
>
> HFS+ /dev/hdb10       OS X           <rw> 64927 MB
>     HFS+ /dev/hdb9        OS 9           <rw> 11390 MB
> ------> The volume '/dev/hdb10' is locked
>     HFS+ /dev/hdb10       OS X           <read-only>  64927 MB

Nothing in MOL has changed with respect to volume locks.

The error message above indicates that the volume is locked by an
advisory lock [flock()]. Perhaps you have a stale mol process
that owns that lock? The file (well device, in this case) should
be unlocked automatically if the process owning the lock
is terminated.

Regards,

/Samuel