System folder and remote share

Niels Pedersen mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 17:05:24 +0000

First, thanx for the cool piece of software mol really rocks. I am running
on YDL2.3 and it is rock solid. I'am using an old beige 9500 w/160 MB -
great.

My question is - as I perfomed a minimum install in order to launch YDL I
did not forsee problems with lack of diskspace. I am new to mac and thought
I just shared out a couple of GB from another server - and It works of
course .... BUT ... I cannot install eg. Notes as it requires the use of
system folder. My select button turned grey as soon as I hit the remote
share .... How do I add useable space from UNIX / W2K.

sorry if this is common knowledge, but I like to know..

thnx

Find din ferie på MSN Rejser http://www.msn.dk/rejser