Problems startmol Debian 0.9.68 on G3 Pismo (tun.o missing)

Jens Schmalzing mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
22 Mar 2003 13:36:24 +0100

Hi,

Niklaus Giger writes:

> I just upgraded to the newest unstable 0.9.68 debian package for mol and =
it=20
> associated drivers. I am running kernel 2.4.19-powerpc.

> When I run sudo startmol, I find the following error message
> /lib/modules/2.4.19-powerpc/misc/tun.0 appears to be missing.

The Debian package does not include the tun and tap driver modules,
because they are part of the Linux kernel already.  So you need to get
those modules, either by building a kernel yourself or from one of the
Debian packages.

> Startmol continues, I see the MacOS starting up but as soon as I try
> anything related with the network my whole Powerbook hangs and
> cannot be reached via the normal ethernet neither.  What is going
> on?

If the startup process hangs like this, the kernel, the modules and
the emulator may not have been built with the same version of gcc.

Regards, Jens.

--=20
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!
Le veux aimeb et mqubib panz je p=E9zqbpbe je djuz tqtaj!