Problems startmol Debian 0.9.68 on G3 Pismo (tun.o missing)

Jens Schmalzing mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
22 Mar 2003 15:49:00 +0100

Hi,

Niklaus Giger writes:

> The kernel is also from the Debian package.

The latest version of this package was still built with gcc 2.95.

> I got the latest mol-sources (0.6.69 from rsync.penguinppc.org::mol),

Are there any improvements over the released version that would
justify an upgrade of the Debian package?

> recompiled everything (using gcc-2.95.4 2001100), changed=20
> allow_kver_mismatch: from yes to no, started mol and it works now fine.

> Did you compile the mol package with the new default gcc 3.2?

Sure.  This is what we call the gcc 3.2 transition.  BTW, I ran into
your very problem during this transition and documented this *quite*
clearly in the Debian changelog.  If you are running unstable, I
strongly recommend that you install apt-listchanges, so changelogs are
shown to you on upgrades.

> BTW, why do you don't add a option to the mol package to install
> startmol as setuid root?

Because startmol is a shell script, and suid bits are ignored on shell
scripts.

> I want that everybody of my family can run mol once he/she has
> logged in.

Use sudo or somesuch.

Regards, Jens.

--=20
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!
Le veux aimeb et mqubib panz je p=E9zqbpbe je djuz tqtaj!