Problems startmol Debian 0.9.68 on G3 Pismo (tun.o missing)

Niklaus Giger mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 17:48:52 +0100

On Samstag, 22. März 2003 15.49, Jens Schmalzing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Niklaus Giger writes:
> > Did you compile the mol package with the new default gcc 3.2?
>
> Sure.  This is what we call the gcc 3.2 transition.  BTW, I ran into
> your very problem during this transition and documented this *quite*
> clearly in the Debian changelog.  If you are running unstable, I
> strongly recommend that you install apt-listchanges, so changelogs are
> shown to you on upgrades.
Sorry for missing this statement. But the newest mol package changelog came in
a Changelog of 249 kB long as I updated to KDE 3.1.1.
I noticed that mol got updated but forgot to check the mol changes in the
changelog.
I think it would be useful for other people to declare conflicts with kernels
compiled with the gcc 2.95 or require a gcc 3.2 compiled kernel. If not it
will harm even more people if the new packages will migrate into testing.
> > I want that everybody of my family can run mol once he/she has
> > logged in.
>
> Use sudo or somesuch.
I usually just do a chmod +s /usr/lib/mol/bin/* and then afterwards I am able
to call startmol as a normal user. This is as they are installed when I
compile them from source.

Best regards and many thanks for your help.

--
Niklaus Giger
Wieshoschet 6