Trouble compiling mol-0.9.68 on ppc debian 2.4.18

Samuel Rydh mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 00:23:39 +0100

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 06:05:51PM -0500, Kent Collins wrote:
> OK, it was the link to my headers.  They were in /usr/src/kernel-headers-2.4.18/include.  Once I changed my KHEADERS to this directory, the compile went fine.
>
> The installation itself yielded no errors or messages, but when I try to startmol, I get the following:
>
> no mol-0.9.68 kernel modules corresponding to the running 2.4.18-newpmac kernel were found.  Recompile the mol kernel modules or ...
>
> I thought I just compiled the mol kernel modules!?

Check /usr/src/kernel-headers-2.4.18/include/version.h. The UTS_RELEASE
should be "2.4.18-newpmac". If it isn't, than these headers are not those
that belong with the kernel you are using...

> Did I just compile something else?
>
> startmol -a did not work, but I did find molvconfig in
> /usr/local/bin and was able to complete the test sequence.

Make sure you don't have any old version of MOL around (under /usr/bin).
Also check what 'startmol --list' displays.

/Samuel