Display mode question

Eric Haines mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 30 May 2003 04:29:42 -0500

On 26-May-03, Samuel Rydh wrote:
> On Sun, May 25, 2003 at 10:07:21AM +1200, Francois Prowse wrote:
>> Yes - I've been asking the same question....I quite often use my
>> machine on a 21" monitor and would be really nice to set up MOL to
>> a larger resolution - why dosn't molvconfig give options for much
>> higher resolutions?
>
> Well, you can add additional modes to /etc/fb.modes (the same
> config file as fbset uses).

Hmm, I didn't seem to find this; however I did find the files
in /usr/share/mol/0.9.68/vmodes, and I found that a bunch of
modes had been commented out in misc.modes.  Including a nice
1024x768 @ 100Hz, which is what I was looking for, so I
uncommented that and ran molvconfig again, and it worked
nicely.

--
    Eric Haines
    ehaines@ivwnet.com