newpmac headers

David Bélanger mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 21:35:08 -0500

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 09:11:04PM -0500, Sébastien Mengin wrote:
> Le lun 03 nov 03 à 15:09, Sébastien Mengin a écrit:
> > > Could not open '/var/lib/mol/x11.kbd'
> > > Could not open '/var/lib/mol/console.kbd'
> >
> > Are still appearing at startup.
> >

> > > I don't know how to correct these...
> >
> > Still true :-)
> >
> > Moreover, I have the following message:
> >
> >     HFS+ /dev/hda11       Mac OS         <rw> 5093 MB
> >

> >     >> =============================================================
> >     >> Mac-on-Linux OpenFirmware 0.9.12
> >     >> os_seek error
> >
> >     >> --- No bootable disk was found! -----------------------------
> >     >> If this is an oldworld machine, try booting from the MacOS
> >     >> install CD and install MacOS from within MOL.
> >     >> -------------------------------------------------------------
>
> OK, I added -boot to the /dev/hda11 line in molrc.macos and it works fine.
>
> What's left?
>
> - setuid root -- I don't know how to do -- because I have the following output
>   when I try to launch mol in an Xwindow, as root : "Could not connect
>   to X server :0.0";

Does not have anything to do with setuid.  This depends on how X is
configured.

Run xhost as a normal user:
xhost +
will work but may allow to much.  Look at the man page.  Basically,
you need to allow user root to open a window in X.

> - The network config -- I hope I'll be able ;

Look at: /usr/share/doc/mol/Networking.gz
and the script: /etc/mol/tunconfig
I think the default configuration works.

> and another point, finally. Here's what I have when I do a
>
> ~$ df -h
>
> /dev/hda11            5,0G  5,0G     0 100% /mnt
>
> I wonder why this happens, but it doesn't allow me to
> move files from my linux partitions to the mac partition.

The filesysteme maybe mounted read-only.  I don't know if read/write
access of HFS+ file system is support in Linux.

Note: Once the network is setup, start OS X OpenSSH server and simply use
scp (secure copy) to transfer files.  Or (more difficult) NFS to mount your
HOME to the other system.

David