blkdev in oftree

Axel Dörfler mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:12:30 +0200 CEST

Hi,

I am currently writing an OpenFirmware based boot loader. It is
responsible to load the kernel and modules required for a stand-alone
boot process.
On a real machine (like a PowerMac G4), I can just scan the OF device
tree for "block" devices and get all disks accessible to the OF.
With MOL, I don't know how I can connect the blkdev option in molrc to
a node in the OF device tree. When I scan the tree, I will only see the
nodes that are explicetly defined in my oftree file, but none of them
points to the devices added by the blkdev option.

On a related topic: how would I normally boot another OS with MOL? I am
currently "abusing" the --linux settings to boot my boot loader (using
oftree.linux & molrc.linux).
BTW is it possible to get a prompt at OpenFirmware level?

Bye,
   Axel.