MorphOS and MOL

David Bélanger mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 17:01:52 -0400

On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 03:07:40PM +0100, Natalia Portillo wrote:
> Is it possible to run MorphOS under MOL?
>
> It seems that uses a loading scheme similar to MacOS X.

Hello,

I am not an expert on mol, but I think these things are quite OS
specific.  So I will doubt it if mol runs MorphOS out of the box.  To
add support, will probably require to write extra code.  It is not only
the loading, there is also communication.

For example,
Linux will receives all the guest OS applications (e.g. OS X) system calls
and must relay that to the guest OS.  Moreover, Linux has full control
on hardware access.  So all OS X apps hardware access need to go through
Linux somehow.

David