Panther

Samuel Rydh mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 17:20:16 +0100

On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 09:49:39AM -0600, Tristan Sloughter wrote:
> Just joined the list so I hope this hasn't already been discussed. When
> will Panther be supported by MOL?

MOL should be able to boot Panther (well, I haven't actually
verified that the final version of 10.3 works but I have
a seeded version here that is up and running).

For now 10.3 will run slower than 10.2 since I haven't fixed
the acceleration stuff yet. However, the 10.3 source code is
available now so it should be simple enough to fix this.

> Will Panther mess up my Linux partition if I install
> Panther next to it?

No, the installer will not touch linux partitions unless
you repartition although it will probably reset the
open firmware path.

/Samuel