mol-bk won't build under Debian-woody

Samuel Rydh mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 15:02:35 +0200

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 01:23:32PM +0100, Brian Ruth wrote:

> > > It now compiles OK, but OS9 still locks up after ~ 2 minutes with this
> > > messages repeating on the console unitl I kill mol (Ctrl-C isn't enough):
> > > Warning: unsynchronized timebase detected
> >
> > I get the same problem on my RS/6000....
>
> Actually, no, I was wrong. It doesn't actually lock up, but it DOES stop
> responding to the mouse - the MacOS still runs, and accepts keyboard input,
> but moving the mouse makes no difference to the pointer, which doesn't move.
> This is accompanied by that 'timebase' message on the console.

The warning (which I recently added in order to debug this
problem btw.) means that MOL thinks the timebase suddenly
moved backwards. This should never occur, in particular not
on non-SMP systems.

The experienced "lockup" is caused by certain periodic timers
(like video refresh) beeing set far in the future (an offset
which should always be positive turns out to be negative). This
behaviour is to be expected if the timebase really moved
backwards; I doubt this is the case here though. I'll investigate...

/Samuel