OSX installation problem

Brian Ruth mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 09:26:05 +0100 (BST)

Hi list,

Having fitted a new HD, I've just been trying to reinstall OSX with rather a
lack of success!

I'm using the latest mol-bk on an IBM RS/6000 (which has to run MacOS under
MOL - can't boot it natively). OS9 went on with no problems at all, and works
fine. The OSX CD boots okay, and starts up the installer. I selected the HD
and told it to start installing, which it did, and then left it overnight.
When I got in the next morning, it hadn't got anywhere - it was still stuck on
'Processing base system'. The odd thing is that MOL hadn't crashed - the
beach-ball thingy was still spinning, and you could drag the installer window
about - it just wasn't doing anything - no sign of hard disc or CD activity.
I've just tried it again, and the same thing happens - it always gets stuck at
about the '1 hour 55 minutes remaining' point.

I'm not sure if this is a MOL issue (though it used to work), or a problem
with the CD (though it worked okay on an iMac a couple of weeks ago). The MOL
log doesn't show any error, and neither does the system log.

Anyone else seen this problem? Or am I just doing the Wrong Thing(tm)
somewhere?

Brian.