Classic MOL newbie question

Jens Schmalzing mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
05 Sep 2003 13:27:41 +0200

Hi,

Brendan J Simon writes:

> Do I have to do the same for MacOS-X ???

Nah, since you have an installation of Mac OS X on your hard disk,
just install the appropriate packages (MOL consists of kernel modules,
the virtual machine, and drivers for the operating system) and run
`startmol --osx'.

> ie. do I have to have separate disk files for each OS?

Not at all.  But you asked for a way of running Mac OS 9 without
repartitioning a hard disk that is split between Debian and Mac OS X.
That's what I described to you.

> If so, how do I share files between linux, macos and macosx

That's a different issue.  IMHO, your best bet is to set up a virtual
network between the Mac OS (X) side and the Linux side and use some
kind of network file transfer (Samba, NFS, scp, ftp, whatever).  In
principle, Linux can read and write HFS+ partitions directly, but the
driver is fairly new and writing is kind of buggy.  I only use it for
reading large files that I don't want to store twice (like MP3s).

Regards, Jens.

--=20
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!
Le veux aimeb et mqubib panz je p=E9zqbpbe je djuz tqtaj!