Mac OS 9.2.1 on Powerbook 12"

Samuel Rydh mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 14:22:13 +0200

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 11:33:59AM +0100, Piyush Khengar wrote:
> Hi Samuel,
>
> Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately it didn't work :(

But it didn't eject the CD, right?

Also make sure you are using a recent MOL version. Certain
intermediate versions had CD-booting problem due to the
new USB and generic SCSI code (turning off generic SCSI
and unplugging USB might be a good idea).

It is possible that MacOS 9.2.1 CDs accompanying newer
computers are non-bootable (in any computer). If so, then
using an older MacOS install CD should do the trick
(you just need to bless the MacOS version you installed
in classic). Btw. I'm not sure Apple is bundling 9.2.1 boot
CDs anymore. If I remember correctly, my windtunnel machine
was accompanied by a single DVD. If MacOS X and MacOS 9 is
available on the same DVD, then it is probably not bootable.

Hmm... I think I will add a "autobless" or "virtual bless"
function to MOL in order to make it possible to boot from
non-blessed system folders. This is particularly useful
if OSX and MacOS is installed on the same partition...

/Samuel