Mol kernel module

Markus Frauenfelder mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 23:00:39 +0200

Hi

Some time ago I was running Mol without any problems. Recently I upgraded to
2.4.22-ben2.
At this time I am not able to run Mol anymore (not sure if the kernel is the
problem, I think not).

Here comes my output:
root:~>startmol -X
Mac-on-Linux 0.9.69 Copyright (C) 1997-2003 Samuel Rydh
Starting MOL session 1
Fatal error: Error: The MOL kernel module is not loaded

but the mol-module _is_ loaded:

root:~>lsmod
mol                    47652   2
ds                      8284   1
yenta_socket           11936   1
dmasound_pmac          65408   2  (autoclean)
dmasound_core          12784   2  (autoclean) [dmasound_pmac]
soundcore               4040   3  (autoclean) [dmasound_core]
pcmcia_core            44280   0  [ds yenta_socket]
binfmt_misc             7412   1
hfsplus                45184   1  (autoclean)

any suggestions what to do?

besides I can't rmmod mol even if nothing 'mol'-like is running. Does that
make any sense? And how can I remove the mol module anyway?

thanks