Networking notworking

Jens Schmalzing mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
01 Apr 2004 07:24:19 +0200

Hi,

dotto@uchicago.edu writes:

> I get a tun0 device when I run ifconfig: but it has inet
> addr:192.168.40.1 Bcast:192.168.40.225.  I put these in, and they
> don't work either.

If the Linux side is using the above adress and broadcast, Mac OS X
should get a different address in the same subnet.  Such as
192.168.40.2.

> My only guess right now is that I need to configure ipmasq and
> dnsmasq better.

In their default configuration, it's enough to restart them after the
tunneling interface has been brought up.  See the README.Debian file
for an example tunconfig script.

Regards, Jens.

--=20
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!
Le veux aimeb et mqubib panz je p=E9zqbpbe je djuz tqtaj!