Which package needed for "make modules"

Jens Schmalzing mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
01 Apr 2004 14:51:06 +0200

Hi,

Marc-Olivier Killijian writes:

> I got your point but I used to compile my own kernels from Ben's
> tree and never had any problem.  Since I tried to use
> kernel-image-2.4.25-powerpc-pmac for various reasons (e.g. alsa
> drivers, cd-rom stuff), I wasn't able to compile the mol modules for
> this kernel.

If you are using a pre-built kernel, you should also use the pre-built
modules for that kernel.

> tsfmok# modprobe -l mol\*
> /lib/modules/2.4.25-powerpc/misc/mol.o
>=20
> tsfmok# md5sum /lib/modules/2.4.25-powerpc/misc/mol.o
> 35fb76ad1a0879eb81ee6054c3e5a95e  /lib/modules/2.4.25-powerpc/misc/mol.o

Well, this is where the module from the Debian package should be
located, but the signature doesn't match any of the modules I
packaged.  I guess it's a self-compiled version, is this true?

> I removed everything related to MOL except the config files : 'apt-get
> remove mol' + 'rm -fr /usr/local/bin/mol* /usr/local/lib/mol/*'
> and then re-installed the Debian package 'apt-get install mol
> mol-drivers-macosx mol-drivers-linux' and it seems to run fine now.

What about the mol-modules packages?  Does 'dpkg -l mol-modules\*'
show any of them installed?

Regards, Jens.

--=20
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!
Le veux aimeb et mqubib panz je p=E9zqbpbe je djuz tqtaj!