Error compiling

Samuel Rydh mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 23:49:09 +0200

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 10:23:59PM +0100, Natalia Portillo wrote:
> Done, next error is:
>
> = Building mol                    : ld: warning prebinding disabled
> because of undefined symbols
> ld: Undefined symbols:
> _scsidbg_dump_cmd
> make[1]: *** [.objs-osx/mol] Error 1
> make: *** [sub-src-all] Error 2
>
> Ok I also changed the function ip_fast_csum name in ipchksum.S to
> _ip_fast_csum to resolve another undefined symbol error appeared.

This is another OSX artifact; there are macros available to work around
this (one uses GLOBL(sym): instead of .globl sym ; sym:).

> I think this one is about SCSI debugging activated, when there is no
> SCSI support.

Right. The makefile symdbg.c should be compiled independent of
CONFIG_SCSI (since the config option only affects the backend
for now).

> Of course I think that all of these errors could be "corrected" using
> #ifdefs so compiling on Darwin/OSX wouldn't fail so much.
>
> If you agree I could add these statments to the source and send you the
> diffs.

Thanks... I have already checked in these changes in my local tree though.

/Samuel