MOL 0.9.70 on non-OF machine

Ross Vumbaca mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 20:35:00 +1000

Hi,

Sven Luther wrote:

>>Huh? What has that to do with anything.

> Well, anything beyond 0.68 was badly broken with OS X on pegasos 1.
> Samuel's opinion was that it was hardware brokeness, and the fact that
> it ran without problem on pegasos 2 somehow wupport that fact.
>
> Naturally, i would be happy if you could prove us wrong on this.

Define 'badly broken'?

I just read a new message from "Marcel Unbehaun, Re: molvconfig
troubles" who seems to have run 0.70 on a "PegasosI" (?)

I cannot get neither OS X nor OS 9 to boot, 0.9.70 locks up the machine
hard, around boot time, e.g:

 >> Mac-on-Linux OpenFirmware 0.9.70
<lockup> or a bit further

I tried disabling usb and scsi emulation, and it got slightly further,
then locked up with a lot of these messages on the terminal:

Unmapped 'RAM-read-access', 6d6474xx

Regards,

Ross..