Using mol on a migrated powerbook

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 18:32:50 -0400

Hello all.

I browsed the archives for a bit, but did not find the topic
about which I am curious. Thanks for bearing with me if this
has been covered; I didn't see it in the FAQ either.

I'm going to be moving my powerbook to linux, and would like
to use mol to access a couple of apps I really like, without
having to futz with dual-booting. (Well, mostly Notebook,
from circusponies.com. I _love_ that app!)

I have been cloning my drive out to a usb disk, which I have
verified I can boot from, and was wondering whether I need
to actually install OS X after I migrate, or if I can just
clone the disk back in again to a partition I set aside for
mol.

My desired configuration would be:

/dev/hda1 - linux root (etc.)
/dev/hda2 - linux swap
/dev/hda3 - linux home directory
/dev/hda4 - os x partition

If I could just clone the existing install back into hda4
and then access it from mol, I would not have to mess around
with re-installing all the apps and data I've been accumulating.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any answers,

John

I do not accept spam e-mail, and to not respond to it.
If spam e-mail is sent to this account, complaints will
be filed, where possible, with the ISP hosting the
senders e-mail account.