MOL not finding HFS volume.

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 22:22:21 -0400

Hi. I formatted an external usb hdd using Mac OS (from a bootable CD), copied
the System Folder to it, restarted and booted into linux-2.6.5, compiled mol
0.9.70 against it, configured video and keyboard in mol and when starting mol
(as root or myself, even after modifying session.map to allow myself and root
startup privs) it informs me that it cannot find the volume. my volume is
/dev/sdb in this case, which is listed in the default session in molrc.macos.
now... i mounted and sucessfully copied Mac OS ROM as binary file using
hfsutils (hcopy) and ran that ROM from mol. It booted it in it's own window,
both as root and myself, but of course, not finding the system folder, it
displayed the blinking question mark.

since hmount is working, and i know i've got the right device name, what am i
doing wrong here?

thanks,
james