Installing 10.3 under MOL

Brian Ruth mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 06 Feb 2004 10:39:42 +0000

Hi all,

Has anyone tried installing OS 10.3 under MOL? The installer starts up fine,
and works okay until you get to selecting which disc to install onto. At this
point, it shows me the MOL disc, but won't let me select it, telling me that
I 'cannot boot from this disc'. This must be something new in 10.3, since
10.2 doesn't have the same problem - it does allow me to select the disc.

I've tried marking the disc with the 'boot' flag in molrc.osx, but that doesn't
seem to make a difference to 10.3. Am I missing something, or is this a new
'enhancement' from Apple...?

Brian.