MOL & USB

Marcel Unbehaun mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 21:23:48 +0100 (MET)

> Hello Marcel
>
>  thanks for your response. How do I disable this in the kernel and why is
> it
> necessary to do so?
>
> Thomas

Hi, thomas!

I hope I don't talk rubbish, but it worked here....
I think as soon, as USB-mass-storage-module is initialized at startup (of
linux), MOL can't take
over it....
So it should be completely untouched from linux-side... (?)
Which kernel do you use? Is mass storage activated in the kernel "himself"
or as a module?
If as module enter a terminal and write "modconf"
A menu is opened, within you can dis-/enable modules....
Disable the usb-mass-storage-module.
Make sure the mass-storage-mod is not activated in your ./etc/modules.conf
(or similar?)
Now reboot and mol should notice your usb....

If you have mass-storage enabled directly in your kernel, it'll be much
harder, as you have
to recompile it from source....
As I'm no linux-expert I'll be better if a pro could tell you how-to....
Sorry!

Good luck!
bye
marcel