Clock slowdown (was: Can't run MOL on Titanium

ken mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
28 Feb 2004 15:42:55 -0500

I'm running Yellowdog3.1 and MOL with 9.2.2 installed and my date
currently Tuesday(we are Saturday) 4/27/2038.

My G4 466 doesn't support sleep(never did) so that is not an issue for
me... there would seem to be a real issue somewhere... I even have date
and time to sync with server but it ain't happening.

At least i'm almost in sync with the archive date LOL...

Clock slowdown (was: Can't run MOL on Titanium...)
mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sat, 15 Jul 2034 02:26:12 +0100

>I used to have my MOL clock only lose track of time during sleep
periods>in my iBook with MacOS 9.0. After upgrading to 9.2.2 the clock
has gone>totally wild jumping years ahead into the distant future every
time I>swich to Linux (Gnome) and leave MOL running in the background in
a>different virtual console (I always start MOL from a virtual console
->as opposed to starting from a console window - because that is
the>easiest way for me to get the sound insiden MOL working in YDL 2.1
which>is my curren Linux installation).>>The thing I want to ask is that
if I downgrade back to MacOS 9.0 and get>the clock drift to behave a
little more predictable (only drifting>during sleep), does there already
exist a simple solution for this kind>of drift issue or does Samuel mean
that such a solution would be simple>to develop?
Weird, I'm running 9.2.2 with MOL regulary in the background in it's
own console, and I never have any clock issue but during sleep.

Ben.