MOL release candidate available

Samuel Rydh mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 15:41:04 +0100

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 02:22:19PM +0100, Peter ?strand wrote:
> Samuel Rydh wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >The next version of MOL is in ready for release. I would appreciate it
> >if as many as possible could try out the release candidate code in order
> >to catch any problems...
>
> Any ChangeLog or NEWS file available?

Well, I use the BK changeset history as a changelog. The complete changelog
is quite large so I don't want to post it to the mailinglist.

>Or perhaps you could tell us a bit about what has been changed?

Certainly; here is a summary of all changes since the last point
release (0.9.68 back in March):

- ALSA support
- sound driver rewrite
- support for the 2.6 kernel
- fixes for SMP
- debugger improvements
- bootx bugfixes (10.3 won't boot without this one)
- improved tunconfig script
- virtualization engine fixes (makes it possible to run OSX on 604 cpus)
- reduced latency
- USB support
- generic SCSI support (and support for IDE burners)
- improved XDGA support (XDGA is obsolete though)
- sheep_net improvements
- performance improvements
- misc bugfixes

Note that the debian mol package has typically been built from
a developer tree snapshots so some of the things above
might already be available there...

/Samuel