usb devices are not recognized

Samuel Rydh mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:11:13 +0100

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 01:30:04PM +0100, Olivier Vogel wrote:
> I use mol 0.9.69 with Mandrake Linux 9.1.
>
> My problem is that only my keyboard and my mouse are recognized by mol. I can't use the other usb devices: floppy, zip, printer and scanner.
>
> What should I do? Thanks for your help.

i) Make sure you are running a MOL version that supports generic
USB (you are running a 0.9.69 snapshot, I don't know whether the
USB support is there or not since that depends on when
it was taken).

The 0.9.70 release candidate 2 is currently available through
rsync:

	rsync -rzv rsync.penguinppc.org::mol mol-rsync

ii) Make sure Linux does _not_ load any (USB) drivers for the
hardware MOL is supposed to use. MOL talks to generic USB devices
at the USB level and this is not possible if the kernel does the
same...

iii) Make sure the kernel supports the usb device filesystem
(CONFIG_USBDEVICEFS).

/Samuel