MOL release candidate available

Nathanael Hasbrouck mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 22:48:50 -0500

On Wednesday 21 January 2004 06:23, somebody named Samuel Rydh inscribed this
message:
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 09:23:31PM -0500, Nathanael Hasbrouck wrote:
> > Anyway, sorry for the length of this thing.  I'd really like to fix this
> > and be able to use MOL for stuff without rebooting my machine a couple
> > times a day, but I'm kinda stuck right now.  If I forgot something, whack
> > me and I'll
>
> Well, it might be the generic SCSI subsystem that cause the problem.
> I have not really tested it on a machine with a "real" SCSI bus
> (as opposed to idescsi or firewire). For one thing, error handling
> is not very robust (it is more or less impossible to abort initiated
> SCSI commands and resetting the SCSI bus is not acceptable).
>
> You could try adding
>
> 	autoprobe_scsi: no
>
> to /etc/mol/molrc.macos.

Well, that doesn't seem to have made a difference yet, though I'll have to use
MOL more to make sure.  It doesn't help any of the

+ Missing RTAS function abcdef03 (7/3)

errors or the

+ ablk: Unkown gestalt 'Ftsp'
+ Unrecognized control cscode 100

to go away, they still spit out during boot. :^|  I'll have to play with it
more to know if it still crashes, I didn't feel like stressing it and
bringing down my machine at this time of night.  Let me know if there's
anything I can do to test or debug. :^)

--
are only 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary and
those who don't.