problems with altivec

Nathanael Hasbrouck mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:01:07 -0500

On Thursday 29 January 2004 08:35, somebody named Jean-Jacques Levy inscribed
> > You seem to have compiled your kernel with AltiVec support turned off.
>
> it seems that this kernel 2.4.24-ben1 strangely doesn't support
> AltiVec.... -JJ-

What config method are you using? (xconfig, menuconfig, etc.)  If you're using
xconfig, that could be why you're having trouble - for some reason xconfig
won't set the altivec option (along with something else, I forget what), but
menuconfig will.

Then again, if you're using menuconfig, all bets are off. ;^)

NRH
--
A fanatic is a person who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
- Winston Churchill